“Through BIAV’s educational events and resources,
I am able to share all I’ve learned with others, so
they, too, can get the much-needed help they
deserve. If it were not for my daughter’s strength
and the support of BIAV, I don’t know that we
would be in the place we are today.”
~ Kelly Lang, mother of Olivia Lang
Olivia sustained a traumatic brain injury in a car accident
We Help Individuals and Caregivers by providing:
- Neuro-Resource Facilitation– Individualized problem-solving, brainstorming and help with accessing important services such as attorneys, physicians and funding.
- Support Groups: In-person and on-line opportunities for emotional support and advice, as well as training more effective brain injury support group leaders across Virginia.
- Camp Bruce McCoy: (overnight camp experience) A recreational opportunity for individuals with brain injuries that also offers invaluable respite for caregivers.
We Help the Community through:
- Public Awareness & Education: Efforts to raise brain injury awareness through presentations, public service campaigns and special events
- Advocacy: Being the voice of the brain injury community in the legislative and policy making process.
- Volunteer Opportunities: Volunteer experiences and meaningful student internships focused on important BIAV projects.
We Help Professionals by offering:
- Case Consultations – Expertise in enhancing professional understanding of the brain injury recovery process and awareness of resources
- Educational Programs: – Enhanced clinical education through in-services, conferences, webinars, presentations and workshops.
- Membership: An extensive network that offers a rich source of business and professional contacts.