Certified Brain Injury Specialist
The Academy of Certified Brain Injury Specialists offers a brain injury certification program for direct care staff and professionals with three options:
- Certified Brain Injury Specialist
- Certified Brain Injury Specialist Trainer
- Provisional Certified Brain Injury Specialist
To become certified, you must demonstrate experience in the field and pass a written examination.
- Applicants must have had 500 hours of currently verifiable direct contact experience with an individual or individuals with brain injury (includes stroke).
- Experience can be paid employment and/or academic internship.
- The qualifying experience must have included formal supervision or have been conducted while the applicant operated under a professional license. Volunteer work does not qualify.
- Applicants must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
$250 - to view 5 recorded training webinars for up to one year from purchase. Complete CBIS Support Form linked below to purchase access.
Group rates are available - we also offer "live virtual " review sessions.
Please complete the CBIS Support Form and a staff person will be in touch with more details.