Certified Brain Injury Specialist
The Academy of Certified Brain Injury Specialists offers a brain injury certification program for direct care staff and professionals with three options:
- Certified Brain Injury Specialist
- Certified Brain Injury Specialist Trainer
- Provisional Certified Brain Injury Specialist
To become certified, you must demonstrate experience in the field and pass a written examination.
- Applicants must have had 500 hours of currently verifiable direct contact experience with an individual or individuals with brain injury (includes stroke).
- Experience can be paid employment and/or academic internship.
- The qualifying experience must have included formal supervision or have been conducted while the applicant operated under a professional license. Volunteer work does not qualify.
- Applicants must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
$250 to view the training webinars for up to one year.
$350 for CBIS exam review and proctor.
$550 for the CBIS review and exam; this fee includes 5 webinars, review session, and exam administration.
If you have questions or to learn more contact Debra Holloway at email@example.com or call 804-355-5748