Want to help researchers develop objective balance measures using Virtual Reality?
The Virtual Berg Balance Scale is a research study using an interactive game to assess the players balance. The purpose of the study is to learn a new way to objectively measure balance. You are being asked to consider this study because you are healthy, allowing to test the feasibility of the virtual reality.
You may qualify to participate in this study if:
- Either: You are between 18-30 or 60-80 years old and have no balance problems (like falls in the past 12 months, Parkinson’s Disease, stroke or post-concussion syndrome).
- Or: You have neurological balance problems due to Disease, stroke or post-concussion syndrome.
- Time commitment is one 2-hour visit.
- Compensation in the form of a Motor Control Lab T-shirt.
If you qualify and agree to participate then you will be asked to visit VCU in Richmond, Virginia and participate in the study for about 2-hours.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (740) 541-6324