Interested in Joining the Medicaid Member Advisory Committee?
Are you a Medicaid member or the authorized representative for a Medicaid member? Do you have ideas about how to improve the program?
The Virginia Department of Medical Assistance Services (DMAS) is seeking participants for its 2021 Medicaid Member Advisory Committee. This advisory committee — made up entirely of Virginia Medicaid members or their authorized representatives — will help review health policies and services, making recommendations to the DMAS Director.
Why should you participate?
- You will have the opportunity to play an active role in improving Virginia Medicaid
- You will meet and work with other members from across the Commonwealth who are motivated to improve Virginia Medicaid for everyone who has coverage through the program
What should you expect?
- There will be four quarterly meetings in 2021. The committee will hold its first meeting in March or April 2021.
- Quarterly public meetings will be held virtually using WebEx (while the COVID-19 public health emergency is in effect)
- Authorized travel expenses will be covered by the agency when we return to in-person meetings
- Meals and parking will be provided for meetings when we return to in-person meetings
If you are interested in being considered for membership on the committee, please complete the following survey.
The completed survey may be returned via email (MAC@dmas.virginia.gov) or by mail at: DMAS, Attn: Walter Burton, 600 East Broad Street – 13th Floor, Richmond, Va. 23219. If submitting by email, you must download and save the form.
If you have any questions, please contact Walter Burton at Walter.Burton@DMAS.Virginia.Gov or (804) 418-4529.