Continuing Education Units
Continuing Education Units
Preconference: Empowering Recovery: Insights and Strategies for Professionals in Brain Injury Rehabilitation
Up to 4 CEU's available.
Making Headway Conference: Up to 2 CEU's available.
2. Complete the VCU General CEU attendance form linked below (editable PDF): save a copy to your computer, fill out the form, and email it completed to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than March 29th.
3. Complete the online Learning Assessment linked below by March 29th.
After attending the event, you must return to this webpage and complete the following forms:
- Attendance form - Download the attendance record linked to the left, complete and email to email@example.com
- Learning Assessment - VCU requires a learning assessment be completed. At the end of the event you must return to this webpage and complete the online learning assessment to complete the requirements.
About General CEUs Issued by VCU
CEU stands for Continuing Education Unit. A CEU is a unit of credit for participation in an accredited program designed for professionals with certificates or licenses to practice. CEUs for our events are provided by Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU). Registering for CEUs allows VCU to record an individual’s successful completion of various activities, allowing individuals to earn CEUs in order to maintain or increase expertise in a career field or renew professional licenses.
While CEUs are generally used for professional continuing education requirements, anyone can sign up for CEUs. For professionals, it is solely up to the certifying agency - not VCU - whether to accept or decline VCU CEUs.
How do I sign up for CEUs?
You have two options to sign up for CEUs:
- Sign up and pay online prior to the event here. The event will be posted about a week or two prior to the event start date. If you don’t see it posted when you log-in, check back a few days later.
- Sign up and pay online after the event (within 14 days of the event).
All paperwork and payment is done directly with VCU. BIAV is not responsible for collecting any payments or completing any paperwork for CEUs.
How much does it cost?
The cost is $30 paid directly to VCU. You can either:
- Pay online on the VCU website (ocpe.vcu.edu)
- Send a check payable to VCU and mailed to: Office of Continuing and Professional Education | Virginia Commonwealth University | P.O. Box 842505, Richmond, Virginia
When do I get confirmation of my CEUs?
Approximately three weeks after the CEU event end date (September 29th), participants may access the online registration system to view and print their transcripts. Instructions on accessing transcripts are available at ocpe.vcu.edu.
Can I use these CEUs for my professional certification?
Please check with your professional organization. It is solely up to the certifying agency — not VCU — whether to accept or decline VCU CEUs.