Clinician Implementation Workshop for the Resilience & Adjustment Intervention
Pre-Conference Workshop Wednesday, May 5, 2021
Be sure to register early to receive your printed handbook in the mail prior to the workshop.
6 Psychology CEU's are included in your registration.
Helping persons with TBI adjust, cope, and resume their lives can be a great challenge. The Resilience and Adjustment Intervention (RAI) is a structured, manual-based approach to helping persons with traumatic brain injury (TBI) enhance their resilience and successfully manage common post-injury concerns and challenges. The RAI was developed over the past decade based upon extensive research and more than 30 years of clinical experience. The RAI is appropriate for the full spectrum of injury severity, from concussion to severe TBI. The workshop format will combine didactic sessions with interactive small group breakouts lead by experienced TBI clinicians with a cumulative experience of over 500 RAI participants. Upon successful completion of all workshop components, participants will earn a Certificate of Completion by the VCU TBI Model System verifying their ability to independently implement the intervention.
Upon completion of the workshop, participants will:
- Gain fundamental information on the role of resilience in assisting survivors of TBI to achieve psychological wellbeing.
- Enhance knowledge of the clinical efficacy of a manual-based intervention for promoting resilience after TBI.
- Develop core abilities to effectively tailor the manual-based intervention to specific survivor needs.
Necessary Qualifications for Workshop Participation:
The RAI is designed to be implemented by:
Psychologists, counselors, social workers, psychotherapists, and psychiatrists who have:
- Completed the minimum degree and certification requirements for practice in their discipline;
- Permitted to practice independently or practice under the supervision of an independent practitioner certified in the RAI;
- Have prior experience working with patients who have TBI, and;
- Are trained to perform individual counseling or psychotherapy.