Brain Injury Association of Virginia-Job Opportunity
TITLE: Director of Operations
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
SUPERVISES: Operations Assistant (Part-time)
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
WORK SCHEDULE: On-site and/or Partially Remote (negotiable)
Serve as lead staff for BIAV’s daily business operations including office administration, technology, human resources, insurance and benefits administration, accounts payable and accounts receivable, and payroll to allow the organization to operate efficiently and effectively to meet the mission of the organization. Ensure the execution of operations are completed daily in accordance with BIAV policies and in collaboration with staff and the Executive Director. The person in this position should embody BIAV’s values and share a passion for the mission.
Responsible for day-to-day agency operations including proper maintenance of office equipment and supplies; vendor and contract management (e.g. distributing bid requests, compiling bids, negotiating contracts, and contract compliance); oversight of payroll and AP and AR activities with focus on maintaining compliance with the budget (annual operating budget $1M+) and funder allocations; liaise with off-site accounting firm to ensure accuracy of financial records; developing and assisting with development and monitoring of organizational and program budgets; managing financial grant compliance; and assisting program staff with financial reports to funders. Responsible for assisting Executive Director with strategic and operational planning, human resources (e.g. analyzing and creating appropriate job descriptions, salary structures, timesheets/time management system, administer benefits including insurance, retirement, vacation and sick leave, recommending personnel policies, suggesting revisions to the employee handbook and other essential activities for an effective, equitable, and efficient staff management program), and developing and executing operational policies for the organization. The Director of Operations will support the Executive Director with staff responsibilities for the BIAV Finance Committee including providing the Treasurer (Finance Chair) with required reports at the direction of the Executive Director.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Finance, Public Administration or similar degree program.
- 8+ years of experience in nonprofit and/or association management in finance and HR, and leadership including supervision of employees.
- Excellent Interpersonal, verbal, and written communication.
- Knowledge of:
- Grants management (financial)
- Budget development
- Financial management including creating and analyzing financial statements.
- Skills in
- Office 365 including exceptional Excel skills, database software, Salesforce preferred, and QuickBooks.
- Ability to:
- Exercise essential discretion and maintain confidentiality of all matters at all times.
- Execute multiple tasks while responding to varying priorities, with efficiency, flexibility, superior attention to detail, and good humor.
- Work independently and as part of team to plan, and organize and manage complex initiatives and planned and emergent projects without detailed instructions.
- Implement, track, and monitor activities in an organized fashion.
- Use tact and diplomacy when dealing with the needs, problems and concerns of staff, external stakeholders, and the public.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, Board members, funders, stakeholders, community groups, and other related agencies and organizations.
- Sit for up to 9 hours/day and lift up to 20 lbs.
- Occasional evening and weekend work as necessary.
- BIAV maintains a smoke-free workplace and complies with the federal Drug-free Workplace Act.
Salary Range: $60,000-$70,000/annually depending on experience and education.
Benefits: Health benefits (75% employer paid), Dental, Life insurance, vacation and sick time, paid Holidays, retirement plan (3% contribution of base salary after one year of employment).
To apply for the position: Send your resume and three professional references to David@BIAV.net with Director of Operations in the email subject line.
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a ‘rolling basis’ until the position is filled. Due to the high volume of anticipated applications, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Because of the important nature of this role, our process will include a pre-screening call, an interview with the Executive Director, and an interview with members of the BIAV staff for finalists.
Selected candidate must successfully complete a criminal records background and reference checks.
Anticipated start date: July 1, 2023
No phone calls please