Continuing Education Units
Continuing Education Units Offered for Heading Forward:
General CEU’s from VCU - For professionals, it is solely up to the certifying agency - not VCU - whether to accept or decline VCU CEU’s. You can register with VCU prior to the event online for $30. See details and instructions below.
Psychology CEU’s - As an accredited university, Virginia Commonwealth University is authorized by the Virginia State Board of Psychology to provide Continuing Education Credits (18VAC125-20-122, Section A). Must purchase with registration $30. Up to 12.5 credit hours available.
Certified Rehabilitation Counselor Continuing Education Credits - Up to 9 general hours and 1.5 Ethics Training hours will be available from the Commission on Rehabilitation Counselor Certification. Must purchase with Registration $30. Credits only available for sessions that are attended live.
*A Certificate of Attendance will be available for this event for CBIS Certification.
Requirements to receive CEU credits:
Psychology CEU's -
- Pay for Psychology CEU's when you register for the event. If you would like psychology CEU's but did not pay at registration contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete the Psychology CEU form - linked below as an editable PDF, you can save a copy to your computer, complete the form and email it completed to email@example.com by May 26, 2021.
Certified Rehabilitation Counselor Continuing Education Credits -
- Pay for CRCC CEU's when you register for the event. If you would like CRCC CEU's but did not pay at registration contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete the CRCC CEU form - linked below as an editable PDF, you can save a copy to your computer, complete the form and email it completed to email@example.com by May 24, 2021. Credit are only being provided to those that attend the session live. A separate form is required for the general credits (10.5 clock hours available) and the Ethics Session (1.5 clock hours available).
General CEU's from VCU
- Register and pay for VCU General CEU's - see directions below.
- Complete the VCU General CEU attendance form-linked below as an editable PDF, you can save a copy to your computer, complete the form and email it completed to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 24, 2021.
- Complete the online Learning Assessment linked below by May 24, 2021.
About General CEU’s Issued by VCU
CEU stands for Continuing Education Unit. A CEU is a unit of credit for participation in an accredited program designed for professionals with certificates or licenses to practice. CEU’s for our events are provided by Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU). Registering for CEU’s allows VCU to record an individual’s successful completion of various activities, allowing individuals to earn CEUs in order to maintain or increase expertise in a career field or renew professional licenses.
While CEU’s are generally used for professional continuing education requirements, anyone can sign up for CEU’s. For professionals, it is solely up to the certifying agency - not VCU - whether to accept or decline VCU CEU’s.
How do I sign up for CEU’s?
You have two options to sign up for CEU’s:
- Sign up and pay online prior to the event at https://www.continuingstudies.vcu.edu/wconnect/CourseStatus.awp3?&course=21-CEU-ED31. The event will be posted about a week or two prior to the event start date. If you don’t see it posted when you log-in, check back a few days later.
- Sign up and pay online after the event (within 14 days of the event).
All paperwork and payment is done directly with VCU. BIAV is not responsible for collecting any payments or completing any paperwork for CEU’s.
How much does it cost?
The cost is $30 paid directly to VCU. You can either:
- Pay online on the VCU website (ocpe.vcu.edu)
- Send a check payable to VCU and mailed to: Office of Continuing and Professional Education | Virginia Commonwealth University | P.O. Box 842505, Richmond, Virginia
When do I get confirmation of my CEU's?
Approximately three weeks after the CEU event end date, participants may access the online registration system to view and print their transcripts. Instructions on accessing transcripts are available at ocpe.vcu.edu.
What do I do the day of the event?
After attending the event, you must return to this webpage and complete the following forms:
- Attendance form - download, complete and email to email@example.com
- Learning Assessment - VCU requires a learning assessment be completed. At the end of the event you must return to this webpage and complete the online learning assessment to complete the requirements.
Can I use these CEU’s for my professional certification?
Please check with your professional organization. It is solely up to the certifying agency — not VCU — whether to accept or decline VCU CEUs.