Continuing Education Units
Check back for updates - we are working towards providing additional provider specific CEU's.
Genereral CEU’s from VCU - For professionals, it is solely up to the certifying agency -not VCU- whether to accept or decline VCU CEU’s. You can register with VCU prior to the event on line (see below) or sign up at the event. (6.5 CEU's available Thursday, 6.0 available Friday).
Psychology CEU’s - As an accredited university, Virginia Commonwealth University is authorized by the Virginia State Board of Psychology to provide Continuing Education Credits (18VAC125-20-122, Section A). You can register the day of the event.
*A Certificate of Attendance will be available at this event for CBIS Certification.
More details about General CEU’s below:
NEW THIS YEAR! In addition to the attendance form VCU requires a learning assessment be completed. At the end of the event you must return to this webpage and complete the online learning assessment to complete the requirements.
CEU stands for Continuing Education Unit. A CEU is a unit of credit for participation in an accredited program designed for professionals with certificates or licenses to practice. CEU’s for our events are provided by Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU). Registering for CEU’s allows VCU to record an individual’s successful completion of various activities, allowing individuals to earn CEUs in order to maintain or increase expertise in a career field or renew professional licenses.
While CEU’s are generally used for professional continuing education requirements, anyone can sign up for CEU’s. For professionals, it is solely up to the certifying agency-not VCU-whether to accept or decline VCU CEU’s.
- How do I sign up for CEU’s?
You have several options to sign up for CEU’s
- Sign up and pay on-line prior to the event at vcu.edu. The event will be posted about a week or two prior to the event start date. If you don’t see it posted when you log-in, check back a few days later.
- Sign up and pay on-line at the event. BIAV will have a computer available for you to sign up and pay thru the VCU website.
- Pick up a printed form the day of the event at the CEU table at the event, complete it and mail it, along with a check for payment to VCU.
- Sign up and pay on-line after the event (complete within 14 days of the event).
All paperwork and payment is done directly with VCU.
BIAV is not responsible to collect any payments or complete any paperwork for CEU’s.
- How much does it cost?
The cost is $30 paid directly to VCU. You can either:
- Pay on-line thru the VCU website (ocpe.vcu.edu )
- Send a check payable to VCU and mailed to: Office of Continuing and Professional Education | Virginia Commonwealth University | P.O. Box 842505, Richmond, Virginia
- When do I get confirmation of CEU?
Approximately three weeks after the CEU event end date, event participants may access the online registration system to view and print their transcripts. Instructions on accessing transcripts are available at ocpe.vcu.edu.
What do I do the day of the event?
The day of the event you MUST stop by the CEU table and pick up a Program Attendance Record. This document stays with you the entire day and you are responsible to record the sessions you attend and the number of minutes you are in each session. This form MUST be turned in at the end of the event in order for you to receive CEU credit. NEW THIS YEAR! In addition to the attendance form VCU requires a learning assessment be completed. At the end of the event you must return to this webpage and complete the online learning assessment to complete the requirements.
- Can I use these CEU’s for my professional certification?
Please check with your professional organization. It is solely up to the certifying agency — not VCU — whether to accept or decline VCU CEUs.