Continuing Education Units
Continuing Education Units
*A Certificate of Attendance will be available for this event for CBIS Certification.
*5 contact hours are available for the Conference and 4 contact hours for the Pre-Conference Workshop.
General CEU's from VCU
- Register and pay for VCU General CEU's as explained below.
- Complete the VCU General CEU attendance form at the event or complete the editable PDF linked below, you can save a copy to your computer, complete the form and email it completed to email@example.com no later than November 4, 2022.
- Complete the online Learning Assessment linked below by November 4, 2022.
After attending the event, you must return to this webpage and complete the following forms:
- Attendance form - If you did not return the completed form the day of the event -download the attendance record linked to the left, complete and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Learning Assessment - VCU requires a learning assessment be completed. At the end of the event you must return to this webpage and complete the online learning assessment to complete the requirements.
About General CEU’s Issued by VCU
CEU stands for Continuing Education Unit. A CEU is a unit of credit for participation in an accredited program designed for professionals with certificates or licenses to practice. CEU’s for our events are provided by Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU). Registering for CEU’s allows VCU to record an individual’s successful completion of various activities, allowing individuals to earn CEUs in order to maintain or increase expertise in a career field or renew professional licenses.
While CEU’s are generally used for professional continuing education requirements, anyone can sign up for CEU’s. For professionals, it is solely up to the certifying agency - not VCU - whether to accept or decline VCU CEU’s.
How do I sign up for CEU’s?
You have two options to sign up for CEU’s:
- Sign up and pay online prior to the event at https://www.continuingstudies.vcu.edu/onnect/CourseStatus.awp3?&course=21-CEU-ED31. The event will be posted about a week or two prior to the event start date. If you don’t see it posted when you log-in, check back a few days later.
- Sign up and pay online after the event (within 14 days of the event).
All paperwork and payment is done directly with VCU. BIAV is not responsible for collecting any payments or completing any paperwork for CEU’s.
How much does it cost?
The cost is $30 paid directly to VCU. You can either:
- Pay online on the VCU website (ocpe.vcu.edu)
- Send a check payable to VCU and mailed to: Office of Continuing and Professional Education | Virginia Commonwealth University | P.O. Box 842505, Richmond, Virginia
When do I get confirmation of my CEU's?
Approximately three weeks after the CEU event end date, participants may access the online registration system to view and print their transcripts. Instructions on accessing transcripts are available at ocpe.vcu.edu.
Can I use these CEU’s for my professional certification?
Please check with your professional organization. It is solely up to the certifying agency — not VCU — whether to accept or decline VCU CEUs.